Shopper Marketing Manager, E-Commerce
The purpose of the eCommerce Shopper Marketing Manager is to extend brand strategy and activation platforms at a customer level and develop eCommerce plans in tandem with strategic customers, to drive profitable volume and equity of Unilever brands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Shopper Marketing is continuously being redefined at Unilever; therefore, the person in this position will need to take a lead role in identifying and presenting new opportunities to Customer Development, Media, Marketing and our customers. Providing thought leadership in this fast moving environment will be a true measure of success.
- Develop and execute world-class integrated and collaborative Shopper Marketing Plans at key focus customers. Main focus will be on developing shopper relevant events that drive the Unilever online basket. These events should drive category growth, promote cross-category conversion & be profitable for both Unilever & our customers.
- Responsible for all online shopper marketing programs from start to finish including annual planning, writing agency briefs, customer presentations, overall agency guidance, creative reviews and program evaluation; key stakeholder eCommerce innovation incubation.
- Develop strong relationships with key Customer Marketing Departments and Unilever Customer Teams to deliver against our brand/portfolio objectives.
- Holds routine status meetings and disseminates progress reports to key personnel including Digital Media, Customer/Business Development Directors, Business Development Managers, Customer Business Managers, Brand Building Directors/Managers and the Integrated Director of Account Services.
- Regularly communicate between Shopper Marketing Brick & Mortar Teams, Category teams & agency, Global eCommerce partners to develop programs, share best practices, execute post event analysis, and make recommendations for future program development.
- Maintains budget and timely flow of reports, project estimates, contracts and invoices between internal and external partners. Provide point-of-view on appropriate spending against retailer co-op marketing initiatives.
- Manage agency partners ensuring that they are delivering on requirements outlined in briefs and effectively delivering on all account management responsibilities (i.e. program, finances, and digital asset management); challenges agencies to provide thought leadership in the space.
- Responsibility will be our PurePlay eCommerce customers, including Amazon and its affiliates, and strategic B&M.coms.
eCommerce Shopper Marketing plan responsibility will support a budget to drive the businesses, inclusive of developing plans that are reflective of all digital programming. Interaction and relationship building will take place with Brand Building (approximately 100 people), Digital (2 people), Customer Development (approximately 20 people), Shopper Insights (2 people), Agency (6 people) and retailer merchandising and marketing teams. This position will require up to 30% travel.
Key Requirements:Skills Specific Training:
Competencies & Abilities :
- Working knowledge of the eCommerce space; understanding of the eCommerce shopper and what motivates them; be up-to-date on the latest developments in the space.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, MBA a plus.
- 5-7 years experience in marketing: (3-5 years experience in development of brand business objectives and marketing strategies in eCommerce (B2C experience a plus);
- Working knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry, the eCommerce channel and account specific marketing.
- Understanding of promotional tactics, process flow, execution and fulfillment processes.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, Spectra); web analytics (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics); basic CRM understanding and usage.
- Experience in digital marketing and understanding of consumer behavior in this space (expertise in emergent mobile technologies a plus)
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Creative thinking to approach things differently than historical plan
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and communicate with numerous touch points
- Strong leader who can identify and present new opportunities to Customer Development, Marketing and our customers
- Ability to fully collaborate with Digital, Shopper Marketing team, with Customer Development and with Customer; Drive to achieve mutual objectives as one collective team
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever - 2 years ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...