Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team engaged in performing duties related to negotiation and closing of short sale offers. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall short sale strategy. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to selling short sale properties. Activities may include valuing, marketing guidance, negotiating offers, selling, and closing of properties. Develop strategies for specific markets.
- Collaborate with internal staff, brokers, servicers, lenders, title companies, attorneys, government offices, and others to expedite the short sales process and maximize proceeds. Develop and maintain strong relationships with servicers.
- Monitor team productivity.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and the firm's policies. Oversee development of policies, procedures, and implementation of key controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance systems efficiency. Support systems enhancements. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Review, prepare, and deliver reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to coach and motivate a team of high performing Short Sales Reps.
- In depth knowledge of residential real estate; including market analysis, developing marketing strategies, offer negotiations, property repairs and rehabilitation, mortgage finance, issues of title and closing.
- Demonstrated success managing staff, change, and balancing competing priorities within a large organization.
- Familiarity with mortgage default servicing functions including foreclosure, loss mitigation, and REO.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...