Florida Tile, one of the nation's leading tile manufacturers and distributors, has an opportunity for a Design Showroom Consultant. We are looking for an innovative thinker who has a passion for interior design. Responsibilities include assisting architects, contractors, and homeowners with tile selection, generating sales, and processing customer orders.
The position will be responsible for developing a sales base within the showroom environment with an emphasis on the interior design community, but also the tile contractor/building trade as well as end users. This position also provides a direct support function to the customer service (order desk, phones, all other inside sales operations). This position will also be responsible for maintaining and updating the showroom as new products are introduced, products are discontinued as well as creating a merchandising environment conducive to sales promotion. Duties: Inside Sales:
Operations and Support:
- Develop and maintain a trade client base via in-house meeting(s) as well as telephone and internet communications
- Proactively identify new opportunities and sales channels
- Promote the branch showroom for use as a selection center for the A&D trade, including the use of the showroom for trade events and promotions
- Coordinate sales efforts with the OSR/BCSS sales team via regular meetings and the sharing of leads and other pertinent market information
- Protect the integrity of the Florida Tile's pricing rules by effectively qualifying customers and their respective price template
Qualifications: • Experience in the tile or flooring industry is a plus
- Assist the branch staff in all aspects of customer service, order processing, customer contact (call backs)
- Assist the branch staff in the performance of daily tasks as directed by ABM/BM/RM, to include, but not limited to the daily deposit, daily invoicing, inventory receiving and locating, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the showroom and keeping all displayed products up to date, properly identified (labeled) and merchandised in a manner that projects a user friendly and informative environment
There is no relocation available for this position.
- Minimum of 12 months inside sales experience
- Education in marketing or design field a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of inside sales techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
Florida Tile, Inc. - 2 years ago