Driver, Shuttle Driver,
Drives the hotel vehicles transporting hotel guests to/from assigned destinations safely, efficiently and courteously. Adheres to all local and state driving laws. Ensures safety and security of passengers and vehicle.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Review log book (meet with Supervisor) to learn daily business activity and assignments.
- Inspect vehicle for damage; document required repairs.
- Inspect vehicle for operating condition and rectify any deficiencies (i.e., tire pressure, oil/fuel/water levels).
- Inspect vehicle for cleanliness, inside and out; rectify any deficiencies.
- Communicate vehicle maintenance needs to Director of Guest Services.
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
- Obey all traffic and driving regulations.
- Remain on scheduled route at all times.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers and their belongings.
- Drive the vehicle to transport guests/visitors to and from designated destinations.
- Meet and greet designated passengers for pick up areas.
- Communicate any delays, problems and passenger needs with the hotel by radio, using proper codes.
- Load/unload passengers' luggage into/out of the vehicle.
- Maintain conversation with passengers according to their needs.
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
- Document all trips accurately prior to the start of and at the conclusion of each.
- Answer vehicle/department telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Ensure security of vehicle keys.
- Park vehicle in designated location when not in use.