JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Operate three axle tractor and trailers to transport materials, supplies and containers within distribution locations
• Load, unload and position freight on trailers for distribution.
• Conduct daily equipment safety inspections and follow safe work practices according to procedures
1. Inspect tractor and trailers for any safety or operational defects at the start of each shift and notify supervisor of any mechanical deficiencies or breakdowns.
2. Ensure proper oil and water fluid levels and check brakes and lights and related equipment for proper operation using maintenance and safety checklist.
3. Receive work orders from Distribution Supervisor and Warehouse supervision as requested to move needed supplies and finished goods.
4. Load and transport cans, labels, trays, raw materials and pigments to and from pre-production and production facilities and from production warehouses to distribution staging areas.
5. Operate tractor and trailer three-axle rigs to transport containers to both production facilities for eventual loading and transport of finished goods to regional distribution facilities.
6. Discuss positioning of materials to be shipped or unloading locations and sequence with Warehouse Supervisors.
7. Hook and unhook trailers for unloading or transport purposes, including the dismantling and reassembly of air lines and crank gears.
8. Operate forklift to load, unload or move materials at warehouse locations or production facilities, as needed.
Experience, training and certification in the operation of three axle tractors, trailer rigs and forklift equipment
Proper driver certification issued by the State of California Motor Vehicles Department and Federal DOT
High school diploma or equivalent with transport equipment or warehouse experience
Knowledge of operations, safety, and inspection procedures of three axle tractor and trailer units
Ability to operate tractor and trailer rigs and forklift equipment
Ability to follow oral or written instructions; read and acknowledge completion of work orders
Ability to communicate with vendors and staff regarding delivery and unloading procedures
Possession of a valid Class 1 or Class A California driver's license and an acceptable driving record
Ability to meet state and federal transportation, and medical and requirements to operate a three axle vehicle, as well as be Hazmat certified
Behr - 17 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...