Experience Level: None
Education: Associate's Degree
Basic Function :
Under supervision, is responsible for the overall operation of assigned centers. Maintain compliance in all service areas and ensure that centers meet Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) child care licensing regulations and the Head Start Performance Standards. Assure that facilities are functioning properly, safety measures are in place, personnel are allocated efficiently and that program operations run smoothly.
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland.
- Execute the site/building agreements as determined by the Catholic Charities Services/Head Start and assure that Step Up to Quality and licensing requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure that the child/staff ratios are met at all times and that each classroom is staffed with a teacher who has at least a CDA credential.
- Review children's anecdotal notes and the children's progress based on the teacher's input into the Galileo software system.
- Review children's education folders for compliance; monitor confidentiality and record-keeping system, including social services database and social-emotional software.
- Review lesson plans of classroom activities for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct monthly site staff meetings in an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and professionalism.
- Conduct supervisory conferences with staff, issue performance evaluations and performance improvement plans to teaching staff. Follow the Progressive Disciplinary Action procedure and union contract when necessary, with guidance from Human Resources Administrator.
- Gather supporting documentation on staff's attendance and performance and evaluate the teaching staff as required.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the teaching and support staff.
- Review site staff's folders quarterly to ensure that required documentation is on file.
- Participate in monitoring visits conducted by Grantee Agency, ODJFS and others as scheduled. Problem solve to correct non-compliances during the monitoring visits.
- Submit a written response of corrective action plan to correct non-compliances to the Education Coordinator.
- Conduct classroom observation and offer feedback to the teaching teams.
- Coordinate the child center staffing process at each assigned site and monitor progress.
- Submit all required reports or documentation to management or coordinatorsas requested accuratel
Positions that report to this position:
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience teaching in a pre-school classroom preferred.
- Two years of administrative or supervisory experience preferred.
- One to three years experience working in a Head Start classroom, Social Service, or Community Action Program preferred.
- Must be well organized, efficient and detail oriented and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural, and administrative backgrounds.
- Ability to form professional relationships with community organizations as well as staff at all levels.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's license and reliable means of transportation for local travel.
- Must be able to actively interact with preschool children by having good dexterity with ability to lift up to 40 pounds, push, pull, carry, climb, balance and kneel and the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, and squat.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Classroom Aide
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBoard - 8 months ago