POSITION: Site Controller
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Barstow, CA 92310
A global manufacturer of steel utility structures
(poles, towers) has an immediate opening for a Site
Controller at its manufacturing plant located in Mojave,
Calif. Reporting to the General Manager, the Site
Controller is accountable for the analysis and reporting
of site financial data including sales, cost of sales,
margin analysis, inventory valuation and reconciliation,
manufacturing performance, income statements,
operational variances, capital expenditures,
forecast/planning and special projects assigned. The
Site Controller will be responsible for Accounts
Payable, invoicing the customer, intercompany
reconciliations and is highly involved with costing on
international orders. The Site Controller assists in
preparing and analyzing the plant’s financial strategic
plan, annual operating plan, and developing control
procedures regarding financial and operational controls
of the business unit.
· Prepares financial accountings, analyses, and reports
regarding plant operations for both internal and
divisional management. The reporting includes such areas
as marginal income, operational variances, manufacturing
and product cost analysis.
· Monitors plant inventory transactions, identifying
problems and potential problems, and offers solutions to
provide a proper valuation of the inventory.
· Develops and implements techniques or procedures to
provide for a better analysis and accounting data,
including use of PCs for all types of accounting
· Oversees preparation of accounts payable and
receivable and customer invoices.
· Prepares costing of international orders and ensures
standard cost and intercompany partner costs are
· Creates financial accounting analyses, and monitors
and reports on plant operations.
· Develops cost of goods sold on a monthly basis.
· Analyzes margins by sales order, comparing to order
· Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues,
financial commitments, and obligations, to project
future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
· Defines and analyzes operational variances.
· Develops, maintains and communicates Purchase Cost
Variance and Material Use Variance Reports to
· Audits plant inventory transactions.
· Participates in other audits.
· Oversees monthly closing activities in accordance with
established procedure to ensure accurate and timely
· Analyzes monthly transactions which affect inventory
and expense accruals.
· Offers opinions and makes recommendations on matters
affecting the cost accounting area.
· Prepares forecasts and budgets (in coordination with
the General Manager).
· Develops spreadsheets to ensure accurate and timely
analysis of accounting data.
· Ensure intercompany accounts are reconciled.
· Compiles, prepares and distributes reports relating to
margins, spending, sales, capitalization, labor dollars,
fixed assets, product mix and variances.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Associated hours in
business management a plus.
· Working knowledge of standard cost accounting systems.
· Strong analytical abilities and decision-making
· Excellent communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products and
· Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and
execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· 3 -5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing
Salary of $82,000, or higher depending on education,
skills and experience, plus performance bonus up
to 10 percent. Full benefit package. Local candidates
preferred, but relocation allowance may be
offered, as appropriate.