POSITION: Site Controller - Steel
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Plant
LOCATION: Bartow, FL 33830
A global manufacturer of steel poles and towers used in
the electric utility transmission industry has an
immediate opening for a Site Controller at its
manufacturing facility in Bartow, FL. Reporting to the
General Manager of this facility, the Site Controller is
accountable for the analysis and reporting of site
financial data including sales, cost of sales, margin
analysis, inventory valuation and reconciliation,
manufacturing performance, manufacturing variances,
income statements, balance sheets, operational
variances, capital expenditures, forecast/
planning and special projects assigned by the General
Manager. The Site Controller is also expected to prepare
and analyze the plant’s financial strategic plan, annual
operating plan, develop, review and maintain control
procedures regarding financial and operational controls
of the business unit and prepare / review monthly
general ledger account reconciliations. White the Site
Controller reports directly to the General Manager, s/he
also has dotted-line responsibilities to the Division
Controller. In performing this function, the Site
Controller deals with personnel in division accounting,
marketing, purchasing, production, engineering, customer
service, manufacturing, and other corporate departments.
The Site Controller is responsible for assisting the
General Manager in the overall operations and
profitability of the site while maintaining outstanding
internal and external customer services. Actions are
focused on cooperation, consensus and teamwork, driven
by data analysis, while maintaining a broad perspective
of the overall business (sales, margins, competition,
and environment). Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial
- Assisting in preparing, implementing, and monitoring
the annual plan and various financial reports and
statistics to ensure adherence to short and long
range financial goals. Most importantly, when
encountering gaps in the execution of the plan, the
incumbent is expected to proactively develop and
communicate a plan to close such a gap to the
- Administering policies and procedures through the
General Manager in conjunction with the Plant to
ensure maximum productivity and thru-put, reduce
operating cost, support Lean activities and ensure
the safest possible plant operations while
maintaining good labor relations.
- Supervising staff personnel in the preparation of
data entries documenting business transactions
including accounts payable, accounts receivable,
inventory, payroll, journal entries,
- Performing statistical analyses to determine trends,
estimates, and significant changes, and writing
narrative reports explaining findings.
- Determining proper handling of financial
transactions and approving transactions within
- Monitoring facility’s profitability, margins, A/R,
inventory transactions, identifying problems and
potential problems and offering solutions to provide
a proper closing of gaps.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted
accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviewing, investigating, and correcting errors and
inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and
- Submitting recommendations for improving the
organization’s accounting operation.
- Analyzing systems and recommending or adapting
processes to accomplish business goals.
- Researching and developing resources that create
timely and efficient workflow.
- Monitoring procedures for systematic retention,
protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of
records. Developing financial budgets and forecasts
and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial
commitments and obligations incurred to predict
future revenues and expenses.
- Performing a variety of tasks including developing
procedures and policies for office activities.
- Leading and directing the work of others.
- Overseeing the calculating, posting, verifying
duties to obtain and record financial data for use
in maintaining accounting, statistical, and
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Associated hours in
business management or related field a plus. CPA is
- Two to four years of experience in a manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Proven ability to provide leadership for team
- Proven ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistical inference.
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists.
- Working knowledge of accounting software and
manufacturing ERP system (i.e. MAS200, IFS).
Base salary of $75,000 with 10-percent performance bonus
and full benefit package. Relocation allowance offered,
Perfect World Search - 5 months ago