Site Coordinator for After School
in Astoria, Queens
Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community Based Programs of the Central Queens Y, and within the Samuel Field Y framework of a holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) Human Development Model of a family-supported, strength-focused, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired as the Site Coordinator of an after-school program in Astoria, Queens, will report directly to the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community Based Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Site Coordinator will
Be responsible for providing assistance to the after school program, including the development and management of daily contractual requirements.
Act as the liaison between the school, families involved in the program, and the Central Queens Y.
Be responsible for the supervision, development and coordination of staff, including Group Leaders, Group Aides, and Specialists.
Maintain constant contact with parents.
Maintain programmatic paperwork and registration.
Hours: Seasonal (Part-Time) Afternoon/Evenings
- Masters in Social Work or related field, SIFI certification a plus.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in youth programs in a leadership role.
- Experience in program administration and planning is preferred.
- Prior experience in a school setting is helpful.
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- An upbeat personality and pleasant demeanor.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Central Queens Y - 11 months ago