General Purpose: Coordinates the human resource activities a project site. Work Schedule: Based on project schedule; 40+ hours a week. |
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to supervisors', making hiring recommendations when appropriate
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational policies and objectives
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to all recruitment activities (i.e. position requisitions and applicant tracking)
- Serve as a link between Corporate Human Resources and Construction supervision by handling HR related questions, interpreting and explaining human resources policies, and helping resolve employee relations issues
- Perform other human resource functions via support and guidance of the Corporate HR department (i.e. training and development, benefits administration)
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some College/Associate's Degree in Human Resources, Management (or related field of study)
- 3 to 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a manufacturing, construction, technical or other similar environment with an emphasis on recruitment
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Ability to record and efficiently document information
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The overall nature of the position requires light physical exertion with constant minimal or sedentary style work. There is frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes, industrial noises, construction work hazards and occasional exposure to wet conditions, humidity, and changes in atmospheric conditions.
- The constant physical demands of the position are sitting, talking, and hearing.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are walking and repetitive motions.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are standing, handling, grasping, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Occasional travel (over-the-road and air) is required.
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Hard hat
• Safety glasses
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Most work is conducted in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions also occurs. Field construction work is performed outside so exposure to all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, is common. Personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services. Some travel may be necessary for purpose of performing shop expediting activities
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA
Lauren Engineers & Constructors - 7 months ago