Location: Belectric USA Project Sites – Sacramento, CA Area
The Site Supervisor/Electrician is the primary coordinator and electrical resource for all field work conducted at his or her assigned solar power plant sites. The core competency of this role is the safe, timely execution of electrical troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of onsite equipment and components, based on in-depth electrical knowledge and on Belectric’s Operation and Maintenance (O&M) procedures. This person is expected to quickly grasp the basics of individual plant configurations, equipment operation, and maintenance schedules; and to apply this knowledge plus their electrical training to help perform, coordinate, document, and validate onsite activities. This role includes some night work and on-call weekend responsibilties, as part of Belectric’s service goal to resolve critical issues within 4 hours of diagnosis. Ongoing training will be provided in safety, equipment operation, specific Medium Voltage and High Voltage electrical tasks, and maintenance and repair. The nature of the role implies limited travel (up to 25%) to various project sites with the remainder of the time spent at the Belectric projects located near Sacramento, CA. This person will work with and report to the O&M Facilities Manager of the Northwestern US.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Electrical testing, repair, and fault prevention using industry leading practices.
* Site safety per OSHA, NFPA70E, California law, and per Belectric’s safety program.
* On-call ability with site response time within one hour.
* Performs routine electrical and non-electrical inspections and maintenance on assigned
power plants. This includes the site solar arrays (e.g., replace damaged modules and wiring), power conversion systems (e.g., inverter and transformer preventative maintenance), and SCADA systems (e.g., sensor and communiations troubleshooting).
* Enlisting and overseeing subcontractors to meet annual maintenance schedule and
emergency response time targets. Documents results.
* Maintains spare parts inventory, safety equipment, onsite drawings, and EH&S documents, updating as needed.
* Works with internal engineers and O&M team members to efficiently troubleshoot plant problems in a systematic and timely manner.
* Trains and qualifies field technicians, office engineers, and other electricians for O&M field tasks as appropriate.
* Contributes to streamlining O&M services by working with the rest of the team to research, develop, and implement efficient field procedures, communication practices, and documentation methods.
* Perform monthly rounds/logs.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualities:
* MANDATORY: current California commercial electrician’s license.
* Commercial/Industrial work experience with low to medium voltage equipment or systems.
* The ability to apply experience and knowledge to solar power plant maintenance and repair, in a safe and efficient manner.
* Strong trouble shooting and problem analysis skills.
* Working knowledge of electrical safety practices, particularly NFPA 70E and OSHA regulations regarding energized and de-energized work. Past experience interpreting arcflash
labels, PPE selection, and LOTO procedures.
* Some experience with power generation, such as power plants, utilities, or solar plants.
* Ability to read and interpret single line diagrams.
* Effective verbal and written communication.
* Basic computer skills (MS Office). The willingness and ability to work online via computer, phone, and tablet as needed for effective communication between field, office, and ticketing system.
* Independent and self-motivated; minimal management required.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualities:
* Some past experience with project or task management, and subcontractor oversite.
* Experienced with high voltage power equipment such as transformers, switchgear, circuit
breakers and substations.
* Comfortable working with relays, communication hardware, and data loggers. Experience interrogating, troubleshooting, downloading event logs and transfer relay
* Ability to work in a dynamic team environment to think outside the box and solve traditional problems in new ways.
* Extremely thorough, excellent organizational and documentation skills, and professional
* Ability to train and qualify other technical staff on field procedures.
About Belectric, Inc.
Belectric Energy is the world's largest PV systems integrator, having installed more than 1.5 GW
of utility PV power plants globally. We take a comprehensive approach to systems integration,
design and installation processes, while building mutually beneficial and trusting relationships
with our partners. We are committed to delivering turn-key, utility-grade solar power plants at
grid parity pricing that provide the long term performance and reliability required by our