GRANT OR EXTERNALLY FUNDED POSITION- This position will continue only if sufficient grant or external funds are provided.
CURRENT HOURS AND STARTING TIME : Part time (hours vary) positions. The current starting time for these positions varies.
DEPARTMENT : Community Services Agency
F.L.S.A. STATUS : Non-exempt
APPOINTING AUTHORITY : Director
The employee in this classification, under the supervision of an assigned supervisor, plans the activities and serving of meals to the Senior Citizen Nutrition program participants in the absence of the Site Supervisor/Kitchen Aide; performs related duties as assigned.
- Recruits volunteers from site when assistance is needed.
- Ensures compliance with established health, sanitary and safety regulations.
- Prepares serving and dining area for meal service; cleans serving and dining area after meal service.
- Checks quality and quantity of food upon arrival at site.
- Utilizes and operates steam table, coffeepots, electrical heating units that maintain temperature of food, refrigerator, stove and an oven.
- Lifts and carries supplies and equipment that weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Maintains food in appropriate containers to assure proper temperature until meal is served; records food temperatures.
- Prepares home delivered meals and assists in distribution to volunteers.
- Serves meal with proper utensils to guarantee portion control.
- Cleans and keeps supply cabinets and closets in orderly fashion.
- Interacts with participants who attend site.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies as needed.
- Maintains and submits accurate records of all necessary documentation.
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and trainings as scheduled.
- Operates an automobile while performing assigned duties.
The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educations Development Test.
- This is an entry-level position; no previous experience is required.
- Successful completion of the probationary period for the position of Site Supervisor/Kitchen Aide Substitute.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions.
- Ability to provide supervision and direction to other adults.
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license.
- Possession of an operable automobile for authorized departmental travel.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.
Chat about Macomb County MI real estate