Site Supervisor - LAX
Oversees a maintenance staff consisting of janitors and floor technicians.
- Provides work direction and scheduling of employees to ensure that customer specifications are met.
- Trains current and new personnel on proper cleaning methods and safe work practices.
- Ensures that all staff are wearing proper work uniforms, non-slip shoes and other safety equipment (goggles, gloves, back-support belts, etc.).
- Reviews and maintains inventory of supplies; may order supplies, as needed.
- Conduct regular job sit inspections for cleanliness and to ensure that employees are following proper cleaning methods, safe work practices, are properly attired and have the appropriate supplies and equipment needed.
- Ensures that all employees record time worked accurately and thoroughly for payroll purposes.
- Keeps track of absent employees and fills absent positions with employees from the "on-call" list.
- Reports work-related injuries promptly, obtains medical care for injured employees and completes the appropriate paperwork.
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, Area Manager and/or Human Resources, may complete performance evaluations and counseling, coaching, discipline and discharge meetings with employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; BA/BS Degree preferred; education may be substituted with experience.
- Three to five years of previous janitorial experience in a mid- to large- size organization.
- Two plus years in a lead or supervisory capacity. Supervisory experience in a union environment preferred.
- Previous experience in carpet cleaning and care.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to provide training, instructions and conduct staff meetings.
- The ability to communicate in both English and Spanish fluently
- The ability to lift 50 pounds.
- A current drivers' license and safe-driving record.
- Pass required background investigations.