This position provides Incident Management Level 1 support to include incident identification and resolution and is responsible for providing technical support and maintenance for all servers and systems in the designated site and implementing systems security and policies.
- Works well with internal and external IT support teams
- Develops rapport and trust
- Sets and works to own standards and team standards
- On call after normal working hours
- Understands the relevant aspects of the client products/programs supported
- Strives to maintain a sound knowledge of the client
- High level of Accuracy
- Data capture and data quality
- Time keeping and attendance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Sykes is an equal opportunity employer.
- 2 to 4 years relate experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MCSE preferred
- MCP required
- Cisco, VOIP & Aruba wireless a plus
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of Windows 2000, 2003 server management applications such as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory Users and Computers, etc.
- knowledge of VERITAS Backup Exec software
- knowledge of Microsoft ISA 2000, 2006 administration
- Understanding of Windows 2003 and patching requirements
- Understanding of Windows client operating systems such as XP and Vista
- Basic understanding of VMware
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Provides Desktop and End User Support to ensure accessibility of client tools and applications
- Responsible for incident identification and resolution for level I issues. The SSA will escalate to an outside vendor relating to desktops (PCs, Laptops) or the SDC for Level II support. The SSA will work closely with the SDC throughout all incidents
- Responsible for supporting all facets of server administration (logins, passwords, etc.) patching (anti-virus and OS patches) backups and restores at local site
- Complete Daily, Weekly and Monthly checklists accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for adds, moves and changes of all users of the local center
- Key participant in Change Implementation Management (CIM) and submits change control documentation in accordance with Sykes standards
- Responsible for IT asset management, inventory and disposal in accordance with Sykes standards
- Responsible for all site software compliance issues
- Assist and act as remote hands and eyes while troubleshooting issues with remote engineers
- Act as the facilities back-up for Power Infrastructure (Genset, UPS, HVAC)
- 24x7x365 availability to support end users on an as needed basis
- Serve as the primary IT point of contact for the Site Director relative to site IT need, plans, issues, etc.
Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support and...