This position is responsible for the daily planning and implementation of the curriculum, communication with parents and school personnel as appropriate, and the supervision of children in a safe and fun environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (For Competent Performance)
- Assists and supervises children during all activities/ lessons and recognizes the social, emotional, physical and cognitive needs of the children and counsels children utilizing developmentally appropriate practices.
- Assists supervisor in complying with all federal and state laws, licensing, and\ or school contract, as well as company and specific site policies and procedures.
- Assists in completing all paperwork- e.g., daily notes, student accident/incident reports, attendance records, and paperwork required by licensing or KLC.
- Complete all required training as needed.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of the site are appropriately maintained.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with parents in which appropriate information is communicated in a timely manner.
- Prepares and implements lesson plans, organization and schedule.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, trainings, site events and parent/client meetings as requested.
- Assists in the training of new Site Assistants; keeps supervisor apprised of staff concerns and situations needing attention.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers; assists with site tours for prospective customers as needed.
- Actively and effectively encourage student participation and attendance.
- Complies with KLC and state regulations regarding the care of children. Keeps supervisor informed of all necessary information regarding the care and safety of children.
- Must be qualified by demonstrated knowledge, training and experience to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. This will include, but not be limited to, experience working within a childcare or education setting, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Must meet state and/or school contract requirements for the position.
- Must be capable of bending, crouching or kneeling at children’s level. Must be able to lift children weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to reach at and above shoulder height. Must be capable of frequent changes of position throughout the work shift. May be required to drive van with children.
Indoor environment typical of a childcare, instructional, and/ or school setting. May be required to be outdoors for short periods of time.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Knowledge Universe Education (KUE) sees a world of opportunity in education. The company operates more 3,700 schools and child care programs...