The Site Team Leader supports his/her Site Leader and Assistant Site Leader, leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority-setting, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs; and supports and manages by embracing and demonstrating Goodwill’s five basic principles.
Key Leadership Competencies
Emotional Intelligence. Identifies, assesses, and controls the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups.
Developing Through Coaching. Delegates responsibility, works with others and coaches them to develop their capabilities through timely guidance and feedback. Manages regular development discussions and follows up to support individual development plans.
Managing Through Motivation. Creates a culture of accountability by taking responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring coaching feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Enhances others’ commitment to their work. Is able to identify what is important to different individuals and use it to bring out the best in each one.
Strategic Thinking. Uses a holistic approach to align priorities with overarching goals and measures outcomes of planning.
Business Acumen. Performs with insight, acuteness and intelligence. Makes decisions and anticipates situations in which there is not enough information to be certain of the outcome or implications of the decision.
1. Accomplishes daily objectives.
2. Serves as a champion by creating a positive atmosphere of encouragement, motivation, and high morale within the site.
3. Controls payroll expenses.
4. Achieves production goals by using staff effectively.
5. Builds positive relationships to achieve customer service goals.
Operations – 30% time spent
• Completes day to day objectives.
• Suggests efficiency improvements.
• MISSION INTEGRATION - Integrates and represents Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles to internal and external customers at all times.
Staff management and Development– 60% time spent
• Provides coaching and training to hourly employees on daily tasks.
• Involved in the hourly associate recruitment process including prescreening and interviewing candidates, as needed.
• Seeks out opportunities for professional development for both self and other team members.
• MISSION INTEGRATION – Models behaviors and holds staff to standards of conduct consistent with Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles.
Financial management and reporting – 10% time spent
• Acts as a good steward of resources available at the site including people, time, and money.
• Tracks and measures day to day sales, production goals, and donations.
15–50 full-time and part-time employees
Recruiting, training and retaining a productive hourly workforce
Achieving daily production goals
Effectively monitoring and managing merchandising and inventory
• 6 months minimum supervisory/leadership experience in a service-related industry.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others without a direct reporting relationship.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Office products and Internet navigation. Familiarity with Google application, a plus.
• Hands on, results oriented, driven to achieve goals, passionate, and basic analytical skills.
Site Specific Knowledge
For Outlets or Warehouse environments:
• Previous warehouse experience highly valued.
• Creative and technical writing abilities required.
(Also, replace the basic computer skills language with the following)
• Strong computer skills. Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products and Internet navigation skills.
High school diploma or GED highly preferred or willingness to attain.
Compensation and benefits
Base range: $10.00 hourly
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
• Continuing education and leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Life, dental and vision insurance
• Short- and long-term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
How to apply
Submit cover letter and resume online at www.goodwillindy.org/gwjobs
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 30+ days ago