First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of wind turbine generators including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems on various wind turbines. Site Turbine Manager will directly oversee one or more turbine technicians and shall manage their activities.
- Present schedules, work orders and/or assignments for work activities based on priorities set by Operations Manager and professional experience.
- Develop cost effective programs to further operations and maintenance.
- Manage, educate and mentor turbine technicians. STM shall be responsible for real time and annual reviews of those under their supervision.
- Investigate accidents and injuries.
- Create reports as required by Operations Manager and First Wind.
- Oversee site WTG spare parts and tool inventory. STM shall be required to order and replace used/lost inventory so as not to affect park production.
- Manage part warranties to the standards and interests of First Wind, including the submittal of required warranty forms.
- Provide oversight of safe and reliable wind turbine operations, site personnel and contractors (including the creation of site procedures and policies).
- Lead by example to ensure compliance with all First Wind processes, procedures and policies while maintaining standards of the corporate code of conduct in all employees under supervision.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to; environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
- Complete projects assigned by OM or others.
- Travel as needed.
- Wind Industry certifications / training required, Technical 2-4 year college degree or comparable preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind or energy facility.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience trouble shooting mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to climb wind turbine towers 300 feet in height.
- Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Crane Hand Signals, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out - Tag Out, Infrared Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Meghommeters.
- Able to identify, classify problems, evaluate data, establish facts and put forth educated conclusions
- Budget / Project Management experience.
- Contract execution experience.
- Organized, leadership skills.
- Proficient computer and software skills.
- Valid drivers license.
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300 wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...