First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The purpose of this position is to perform the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of wind turbine generators including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems on various wind turbines.
There are three (3) available openings for this position at this location.
· Perform maintenance, repair and operational activities on wind turbine generators.
· Perform troubleshooting on wind turbines in a faulted state
· Conduct oneself in a professional manner ensuring all First Wind policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Have the capability to work up to 70 hour per week if required
· Have the capability to work on call during weekends as needed, including during inclement weather.
· Effectively communicate with all members of the team and/or subcontractors as required.
· Complete projects assigned by OM or others.
· Travel as needed.
· Technical 2-4 year college degree or comparable Wind Industry certifications / training preferred.
· 1-3 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind or energy facility.
· Experience trouble shooting hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
· Ability to climb wind turbine towers 300 feet in height.
· Able to perform quality control inspections and create reports on work completed by contractors or other techs performing work on site.
· Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Crane Hand Signals, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out – Tag Out, Infrared Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Meghommeters and torqueing and tensioning procedures.
· Able to identify, classify problems, evaluate data, establish facts and put forth educated conclusions.
· Report all scheduled and unscheduled work performed.
· Proficient computer and software skills, familiar with Microsoft suite products.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300’ wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
First Wind - 2 years ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...