Note this position can be located in Boston, MA or be a 100% telecommute position
The role of the Sitecore Web Developer is all about developing smartly architected web applications, typically within Sitecore, that utilize cutting edge technology and practices. The right candidate for this position loves technology and is constantly learning how to better themselves and their team. Extensive understanding of and experience with relational data modeling (SQL Server), and web application architecture using ASP.NET and C#, AJAX, and LINQ will be required. Content Management System (CMS) experience is a huge plus. Sitecore Web Developers are responsible for architecting and developing web applications and products for a wide variety of clients as well as for Verndale internal systems, ensuring the highest level of quality and performance. He or she will also play a key mentorship role within the team to other engineers. The ideal candidates will be someone who continuously works to improve engineering processes and standards in a way that will help Verndale become one of the strongest teams in our industry.
- Follow a repeatable methodology to successfully develop applications on time and on budget using the latest web technologies and build applications according to best practice standards
- Work alongside tech leads to develop necessary Technical Architecture and make key technology decisions to make individual projects successful
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in web application technologies (in general) and ASP.NET (in particular)
- Actively participate in the project planning process and bring that background knowledge back to the engineering implementation team
- Develop accurate, informed engineering estimates for projects
- Enhance development standards and introduce new technologies to maximize efficiency and turnaround within the Engineering department
- Work very closely with technical leads to maintain the highest possible level of communication surrounding the engineering and the project development process.
- Bachelor's degree in related field AND / OR
- 5+ Years of Web Application development experience utilizing Sitecore CMS
- Expert in Microsoft technology stack including:
- .NET framework and specifically ASP.NET and C#
- Relational Data modeling utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- AJAX Technologies
- Experience with key application development tools such as
- Automated Testing Platforms
- Code Generation
- Automated deployment and Continuous Integration
- Code Review Platforms
- The ability to handle the demands of a fast-growing company
- Experience with Mobile specific sites and Mobile applications as well as standard web based implementations is a plus
Verndale is an Experience Technology Company building powerful, interactive experiences that combine our expertise in strategy, experience design and technology.
Rapidly emerging as the next phase of marketing, Experience Technology is where technology platforms enable uniquely personal online experiences through the confluence of analytics, experience design and strategy. The results for Verndale clients are more qualified opportunities, more passionate brand advocates and higher recognized business value.
By working across disciplines, partnering with the best in the industry and even co-developing with clients, our collaborative style is the key to building remarkable systems that anchor brands, engage customers and deliver business results. Known for and sought after for our ability to take complex data and transform it into beautiful, usable experiences, at Verndale we are constantly evolving to be the leader in experience technology systems.
Learn more about us at www.verndale.com
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
1. Rapid growth company of 15 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Beautiful new HQ building in Boston; easily accessible to the train and free street parking
6. Soon to be 2nd floor will include more collaborative work spaces, a state-of-the art gym and game room
7. Free lunch Fridays at noon and drinks at 3:00pm
8. Dog friendly office – woof!
9. Working 9am – 5pm is not frowned upon – we’re a family friendly company
10. Ten company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, a profit sharing bonus program and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan with company match are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale - 17 days ago
Verndale is an Experience Technology (XT) Company building powerful, interactive experiences that combine our expertise in strategy,...