Under general direction of licensed personnel, the sitter will provide 1:1 supervision for patients. Their role is to monitor patients and to maintain their safety at all times. The sitter must be supportive of the rehab process. Their interactions with patients and families/significant others shall be such as to demonstrate respect for them as individuals and sensitivity to their circumstances. As a Unit Assistant responsibilities will include non-licensed tasks that directly affect the daily operation of the assigned unit.
This is a Per Diem Role.
1. Must be 18 years old or older.
2. Must attend general orientation.
1. Walking, sitting or standing for extended periods while on duty.
2. Must have means to communicate effectively and possess good vision in order to care and assist patients, families/significant others, visitors and personnel accurately.
3. Must understand and adhere to good body mechanics and facility approved transfer techniques.
4. Must be able to meet standards set forth in this job description.
PD – Per Diem
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Northeast Rehab - 18 months ago