Directs administrative and clinical functions provided of a 36 bed skilled nursing unit with an adult population of primarily orthopedic (single joint replacement, lumbar laminectomies, femur fractures, pelvic fractures) patients operating within an acute care hospital.
- Collaborate with the acute care hospital clinical team and administration
- Provide oversight and direction in establishing and maintaining a system for developing, reviewing, approving and disseminating standards of clinical practice.
- Review and make recommendations on policy issues regarding clinical practice of all clinical disciplines within the unit.
- Ensure that clinical quality and customer satisfaction meet or exceed expectations
- Responsible for daily operations and budget development and management
- Develop and coordinate plans and policies, resources, and goals for the unit.
- Ensure compliance with skilled nursing unit standards and applicable laws, regulations, and/or institution rules, standards and guidelines
- Serves as the contact for accrediting authorities and internal Brooks and St. Vincent’s Medical Center - Southside hospital management regarding the SNU.
- Provide oversight of admissions and referrals of the unit
- Responsible for oversight of social services, customer service, MDS Coordinator
- Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in healthcare administration or related field preferred.
- 3 years management experience as DON and/or ADON in a skilled nursing setting.
- Experience with multidisciplinary team processes including physicians, nurses, therapists and ancillary staff
- A successful history of leading profitable business operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Skilled Nursing standards of care and regulatory practices
- Short Term Rehabilitation experience preferred.
Brooks Rehabilitation - 22 months ago