Estimates cost of supplies/materials required for job; requisitions supplies/materials and inspects for quantity and quality. Schedules work and determines priority of repair jobs according to its importance. Prepares a daily work record of jobs performed, which includes a written record of location and type of work performed. Supervises, plans and assigns the work of subordinates. Performs plumbing duties for the repair and maintenance of equipment and buildings, including water fountains, commodes, water lines, wash basins, pumps, etc. Unstops sewers, sinks, commodes and other drains, etc. Installs, maintains, alters or repairs electrical or electronic systems/equipment, motors and appliances. Installs and maintains building electrical systems and outside lighting; installs new circuits from panel box to location.
Diagnoses and repairs electrical malfunctions. Performs necessary maintenance and repair of switchboard. Installs overhead and underground electrical wiring and control cables.
Makes periodic and special inspections of systems in operation and makes suggestions to improve efficiency. Inspects and recommends improvements in maintaining and operating techniques. Insures work conforms to all required codes.
- the construction, assembly, adjustment and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment and systems;
- the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in assigned trade;
- federal, state and local codes and regulations of assigned trade.
- use of tools and equipment of the assigned trade;
- locating and repairing defects in equipment and electrical and plumbing systems.
- read, interpret and follow blueprints;
- work from drawings and specifications;
Completion of high school education or GED supplemented by 18 months of vocational training in the area of assignment and two (2) years of journeyman level experience in the assigned area; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Must possess a Master's Electrician License issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Must possess a valid Driver's license.
- Must be available for on-call and call-back duty.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned and on emergencies.
- Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
- Physical demands include extensive stretching, bending, climbing, lifting, carrying, and walking.
- Must have the strength and agility to allow the employee to perform job duties which would be found at the level of medium work (i.e. exerting 20-50 pounds of force).
- Working conditions include regular exposure to contagious diseases, wet and humid surroundings, extreme hot or cold temperatures, vibrations, fumes, dust, odors, occasional work in poorly lit areas, and other related activities.
EXAMINATION will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date weighted at 100% of the final score.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov with required documents to verify your education, training or certification/license(s), by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded. Our system does not automatically populate the application when copying or attaching a resume. Therefore, you may provide a resume, but it cannot be substituted for completing the application itself.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***Education documents may also be electronically attached/uploaded to your application***
APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION OF POST-HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION BEFORE THE FILING DEADLINE DATE WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR SUCH EDUCATION.
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government - 17 months ago
The LFUCG provides free mulch three times a year: April, July and October, on the second and third Saturday of the month. People can pick up...