LGA - Skycap / Bellhop - LGA
posted on: Wednesday, February 06 2013
Part Time, Hourly / Queens, NY
PrimeFlight Aviation Services is seeking a Skycap / Bellhop for LaGuardia Airport. The ideal candidate has Skycap or Bellhop experience. This is a 5-day, 28 hour a week, early morning or afternoon shift.
Job Title: Skycap / Bellhop
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight Aviation team, you will:
• Verify passenger identification per TSA Checked Baggage acceptance rules
• Provide bag handling and (electronic) bag tagging and boarding pass issuance services for out-bound airline passengers at the airport, at curbside locations, interior ticket counters/check-in locations, bag carousels, offices and gates.
• Unloading bags from vehicles and load outbound bags on to appropriate conveyor systems, ensuring bags are never left unattended.
• Curiously and cautiously opening car doors when greeting passengers.
• Provide general information to passengers, give directions and flight information in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
• After greeting assisting the passenger to either check in curbside or by an airline agent.
• Greet passengers with approved umbrellas on a rainy day.
• Provide monitoring of the local baggage claim areas (carousels) as assigned, remove unclaimed baggage from carousel and assist agents in securing bags.
• Assist customers with their baggage and questions in any airport area.
• If applicable, provide wheelchair and other special assistance to customers, between gates and ticket counters, baggage facilities, parking lot or garage.
• Remain flexible to ever changing environment and adapt well to different situations.
• Be certified and enforce in the hazmat/dangerous goods program of the customer airline(s) concerning checked baggage.
• Carrying out other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, & Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 18 years of age
• Have ability to demonstrate daily a fitness for duty without any impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• Reliable transportation
• Eligible to work in the United States
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Basic math skills required.
Ability to operate computerized scales and computer check-in systems in order to locate airline reservations, check-in passengers, and ensure proper generation of baggage tags and boarding passes.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Much of the work is in an outside environment with exposure to cold and hot temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
• Repeatedly lift up to 70 pounds:
o Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy bags
o Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat & reach out with arms, or legs
o Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus
Because the job involves heavy physical work, it is important to be physically strong.
PrimeFlight Aviation - 17 months ago