Do you like big data? Like really big data? Like multi-terabyte data sets with billions of rows? Do you like the idea of pulling, pushing, slicing and dicing this data in real-time using using Hadoop, Hbase, Hive and more? Now let’s add some intelligence to the mix using machine learning, data mining and predictive analytics and shazam - you have the underpinnings of @WalmartLabs.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set key business attributes for millions of products in real time. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally. Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning
• help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, the web and mobile, with social identity being the glue
• work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• work with Ruby, RoR, Java and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @WalmartLabs product ecosystem
• help the team leverage and contribute to open source software whenever possible (Cassandra, Gearman, Hadoop, etc.)
• be responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
• be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
The Desired Skill-Sets:
• a BA/BS from a top school in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• programming experience in Ruby, RoR, Java or Python
• experience with Linux systems programming is a plus
• experience in distributed/scalable systems is a plus
• knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code is a plus
• ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• the eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder