This is a seasonal, on-call position that will only be called to duty during Town winter weather events. Shifts are 12 hours long and will typically start on or after 9:00pm. If substantial snow fall or ice is expected, this additional staff will be placed on-call with as much advance notice as possible. Once committed to on-call status operators will be expected to be rested and ready to work their full shift if called upon.
Examples of Duties:
Primary responsibility will be moving and removing snow from parking lots that fall under the Town's snow removal jurisdiction.
- Minimum five years experience operating back hoes and articulating loaders
- At least one season of snow plow experience
- Safe driving record (driving records will be checked)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work at night
- Reliable transportation
- Basic mechanical knowledge of equipment