Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Heavenly. All In. Few ski resorts match Heavenly's scenic beauty and expansive network of lifts, terrain, trails, and snowmaking. Located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is the region's largest mountain resort, featuring the highest elevation and longest vertical drop. The views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra mountain range are magnificent. Nightlife at Heavenly Mountain Resort provides a rockin' experience you won't find in most other mountain towns. Between the South Lake Tahoe casinos, restaurants, concerts and Heavenly Village activities, there’s never a dull moment on this Lake Tahoe ski vacation. Here at Heavenly the only thing deeper than our snow is our commitment to our guests and your work experience, so come join us and help make our ski resort a destination like no other.
The Snow Reporter reports Heavenly's daily conditions, weather, events and other communications/marketing messages in many and various snow reporting outlets. They are responsible for writing, recording audio reports, working with multiple computer programs, and completing all tasks in a quick, timely, and professional way. Tasks must be completed under strict deadlines early in the morning. The Snow Reporter must strive to obtain/maintain a high standard of quality reporting and be very detail-oriented.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Early-morning attendance required (5:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. 4-5 days per week)
- Write about marketing messages, conditions, weather and other snow reporting facts daily, in word documents, emails, blogs and tweets
- Must have clear spoken voice to record multiple daily phone reports
- Assist Communications Coordinator with various snow reporting and communications projects
- Assist marketing department with various needs
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of Heavenly’s and Kirkwood’s operations
- Work 30 or 30+ hours a week through April 14th
- Degree and/or 1 year equivalent experience in communications or marketing related field
- Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to read and comprehend fast-paced correspondence
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Int./Adv. computer skills
- Professionalism and strong communications skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work under tight deadlines, deal with change well
- Work well under pressure
- Be on time, reliable, responsible, and be at work no later than 5:00 a.m. on scheduled days
- Must have reliable and personal transportation, even on snow days
- Background in communications, marketing or journalism preferred
- Basic knowledge of Skype
- Knowledge of social media, including twitter
- Any video experience hosting, editing or filming a plus
Positions Available: 1
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...