SoC SW Senior Planner
Job Description: The SOC software senior strategic planner position focuses on partnering and influencing strategic deliverables throughout the organization. The position requires a combination of business acumen, organization savvy in a matrix organization, networking capabilities and expertise in certain technical areas. The strategic planner runs certain strategic processes, visits customers, and influences the organization via these processes.
This opportunity requires representing the SoC design and development organization across Intel, participating in and/or leading corporate strategic discussions, presenting to senior management across Intel, conducting competitive and market analyses, managing market research projects, and participating in various strategic task forces.
Minimum educational requirement would be a MBA with a graduate engineering degree, ideally in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Candidate should have solid understanding of SoC design and development methodologies and industry best practices in hardware & software co-design. The candidate should also possess a strong understanding of especially Android for various form-factors such as PC, tablets and phones and additional exposure to Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in senior technical/management/leadership position in driving projects with cross-functional, cross-organizational stakeholders & contributors to set direction, priorities, and executable plans.
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in vertical SoC product development & business planning and a background of working with OS and ISV ecosystem, understanding their business models and technology directions
- Ability to understand and predict the impact of hardware changes to the software ecosystem and vice versa
- Ability to translate usage models and experience level description to impact upon system and component/IP software stack
- Demonstrated experience assessing and communicating risk areas related to software strategies and ecosystem dynamics
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of Tablet, Smartphone, and PC ecosystems, technologies and trends including usage models
- Technical literacy in platform firmware & drivers (BIOS, EFI, UEFI, cross-OS drivers, etc.)
- Technical literacy in Operating System / Platform HW performance, power and security interdependencies
- Technical literacy in security, authentication & DRM architectures
- SW development methodologies for resource and schedule optimization & forecasting
- Working knowledge of smartphone and tablet certification processes and requirements
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated independent analysis and thought leadership
- Proven strategic thinker with solid business acumen
- Ability to solve complex problems and work with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple, highly visible projects concurrently
- Interaction - actively networks and integrates information and perspectives from multiple sources, internal and external
- Judgment: demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to balance business and technical perspectives
- Communication proficiency in developing and presenting executive level content, successfully influencing senior managers and technical thought leaders
- Tolerance of ambiguity: highly effective in ambiguous environment and demonstrated ability to develop clear strategies and plans with appropriately managed risks
The ideal candidate should have a passion for the future of computing. They should be aware and excited by the trends among user experience, new product behavior and the innovative results in the Industry. Candidate should understand how to set up full solutions from product vision and category focus to clear user needs and desired experiences. They should be able to translate market insights and experience into design, business and technical solutions from Intel.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...