Catalyst offers a creative, team-oriented environment grounded in the belief that work should be
rewarding, fun and fast-paced. We are dedicated to providing motivated individuals with the opportunity to
develop their talents and grow with the company. The Social Media Community Manager/Copywriter will
have an opportunity to help shape the future of our rapidly expanding full-service agency.
The Social Media Community Manager/Copywriter will act as a social media enthusiast while also
applying strong copywriting skills. He/she will be responsible for developing and managing the social
media program for our clients while also being responsible for generating/editing creative marketing copy
for websites, brochures and other marketing materials.
The Social Media Community Manager/Copywriter must understand how to create and manage social
media marketing campaigns with the goal of engaging visitors in order to maintain a strong online
presence. He/she must respond accordingly to any comments or posts in a timely fashion and must
oversee all online conversations to make sure nothing fictitious is being said.
• Developing social media plans, strategies and recommendations for existing
and potential clients
• Developing engaging content for posts
• Building and maintaining a strong and consistent online presence across
all social media channels
• Social media issue management counsel (Social Media crisis management
• Maintaining a visually aesthetic profile on all social media channels
• Developing editorial calendars based on the needs of the client
Generating the words and verbal content to accompany advertising visuals
• Editing marketing materials and modifying copy until the client is satisfied
• Be completely involved in the creative process
• Be present during the proofing process for all creative and marketing pieces
• Conducting research in order to develop precise, knowledgeable copy for individual
clients and projects
• Understanding of client’s needs in order to create content representative
of that brand
• Develop strong relationships with the account manager and client in order
to provide insights and recommendations based on report findings.
• Posses a four-year degree in applicable field or have 3 years prior experience
Exceptional writing,editing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to engage and serve as advocate for diverse audiences in social media channels
• Solid understanding of technology, the creative process and interactive media
• Be passionate about social media, emerging technologies and content development
Experience with search-engine optimization/search-engine marketing is preferred
• Experience with a variety of social-media tools, content management calendars
and analytical tools.
• Understanding and passion for staying on top of latest trends in social media
and digital marketing
• Must have a keen eye for detail
• Ability to keep deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Client centric mentality while working in a team environment
• Be proactive and highly motivated
Please note, you will be asked to provide a minimum of 3 marketing copywriting samples, as well as provide access to at least 3 Social Media Sites you have managed.
Catalyst- Austin, TX
Campus Advantage - 10 months ago