The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Social Sciences Research Associate II/Clinical Data Manager to ensure validity of study data and good clinical data management practices across all CSPCC studies.
This is a regular, full time, exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
- Perform data validation and quality control/ quality assurance checks and procedures to ensure accuracy of study data and adherence to study protocol in preparation for data analyses;
- Liaise between the CSPCC, Study Chairperson's office, Pharmacy Coordinating Center, and Clinical Study Sites by facilitating data collection, conducting data review, and resolving data discrepancies;
- Train site personnel on use of CTMS and data collection;
- Design and develop study case report forms (CRFs) and corresponding CRF instructions;
- Obtain and/or create data collection and coding specifications for the clinical trial;
- Develop and document study-specific data management procedures;
- Perform database setup, testing, and documentation on a variety of clinical trial management systems, including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed;
- Identify, develop, test, document, and implement data edit checks;
- Develop data management sections of the study operations manual;
- Collaborate with Quality department to create and implement risk-based monitoring action plans;
- Assist with new data management staff training;
- Develop data management procedures;
- Develop data management work instructions;
- Review and provide input on data management global SOPs.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- BA/BS in a health-related field;
- Four years of related research experience;
- Knowledge of principles and procedures in scientific area in order to support organization’s program and develop limited policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of health science procedures and techniques in interpreting the guidelines appropriately;
- Experience with computer systems and computer software, including but not limited to: DataFax, other electronic data capture systems, Framemaker, Unix, MS Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint;
- Job-related skills, including language, mathematical, and analytical skills: basic knowledge of statistics, statistical methods, data management techniques;
- Advanced writing, reporting and communication skills;
- Effective leadership and training skills;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAIRE, Inc. - 14 months ago