The Social Worker, a member of the multidisciplinary team, assists in patient care cases identified as difficult or problematic with regard to the physical, social financial or discharge issues of the patient and/or family.
1. Identifies patients at risk or requiring assistance of the social worker through referral from the interdisciplinary team or interdisciplinary patient care conferences.
2. Communicates both verbally and in writing with the interdisciplinary team, the social, financial or discharge needs of the patient and/or family.
3. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care and discharge plan.
4. Appropriately identifies difficult/problematic cases for discussion with the Director and interdisciplinary patient care conferences.
5. Identifies and utilizes appropriate community resources to meet patient discharge and continuity of care needs.
6. Participates in department quality improvement activities by identifying improvement needs, collecting data, and implementing plan.
7. Develops and facilitates support groups.
8. Identifies, assesses, and intervenes with patients and families needing psycho-social intervention
9. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ Masters in Social Work preferred (LMSW).
§ Minimum College: BA in Social Work (BSW).
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
§ Current certificate of License in Social Work in the State of Texas.
§ BCLS certification.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ 3-5 years experience in acute care setting with experience in discharge planning and case management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
§ Reads and writes using basic English grammar, bilingual skills English/Spanish.
§ Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
§ Basic computer skills.
§ Proficient skills in collecting and retrieving data from medial records and other information sources.
§ Effectively applies data retrieved from the medical record to the review process.
§ Document in a uniform and legible manner.
HCA Inc - 21 months ago