Provides medical social services to the patient and family in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care so that the function of each patient and the coping capacity of each family member will be maximized.
As a Social Worker (Exempt) at AseraCare Hospice, you know that quality care is about much more than just addressing physical need. That's why our Social Worker (Exempt) take care to understand the social, spiritual and emotional factors related to our patients' health and end-of-life journey. In this role, you'll establish a plan of care that fosters the personal worth, spiritual well-being and human dignity of each patient. You'll also assess patients' and their families' capacity to cope with challenges, help them to live better within the limitations of illness and make the most of every moment. Help maximize the time patients and families have together as a Social Worker (Exempt) at AseraCare Hospice by performing a variety of daily tasks.
Are you a dedicated and compassionate person ready to make a difference every day? The right person will be ready to empower patients and their families to make the most of their hospice journey. Ideal Social Worker (Exempt) candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Professional Other
* Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
* Currently licensed Social Worker per requirements in state of practice
* Minimum two (2) years social work experience in a health care delivery system preferred
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Valid driver's license, 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage (required for positions working in hospice & home health)
* CPR certified (required for positions working in hospice & home health)
* Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
As AseraCare Hospice professionals, helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. Partnering with our patients' personal physicians, we work to minimize pain and provide emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families as they prepare for change. As one of the nation's premier providers of hospice services, we offer a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can deliver the independence, rewards and clinical excellence you want from your career!
14205 Burnet Road Suite 470
As one of the nation’s leading providers of home health, palliative and hospice care services, we can offer you career resources and...