Licensed Baccalaureate/Master Social Worker (LBSW or LMSW)
Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation, Rosebud, TX
Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker (LBSW) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) with current licensure needed for a fantastic opportunity in Rosebud, TX. Come join our growing team!
Creative Solutions, a leading provider of long term care services is recruiting for a Social Worker for our facility located in Rosebud, Texas. Come see what we have to offer! The social worker will have extensive contact with residents, families and responsible parties to ensure the unique social needs of our residents are being met. The social worker will perform all assessments on new admissions to the facility, will work with residents and responsible parties to help apply for Medicaid, help residents and families understand the aging process, and will make recommendations to families and other staff members based on the unique needs of each resident. The social worker will also network with community agencies.
- A Bachelors' Degree in social work (BSW), or secondary education in the social services and certification as a social worker designee may be substituted as appropriate.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills are required
- Long-term care experience.
- Excellent organizational, detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Develops social histories of residents, and develops a social assessment and care plan for each resident which identifies medically related social and emotional problems and needs.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan conferences, and contributes to the development of care plans for residents.
- Establishes specific social action plans and realistic goals for each resident consistent with medically related social and emotional needs.
- Provides individual and group help for residents and families at times of adjustment, crisis or particular need.
- Orients residents and families to the facility environment, and assists the adjustment of both through individual and group programs.
- Coordinates discharge planning with staff, residents, and families.
- Coordinates social services in-service and educational programs for staff.
- Promotes facility programs to help assure priority consideration of referral by doctors, hospital discharge planners, community agencies, churches, etc.
We are the largest privately held Senior healthcare company in Texas! We were recently named one of the "Top 100 Private Companies" by the Fort Worth Business Press!
Benefits available after 90 days
Unparalleled corporate support
Free CEUs available
You will provide:
Current Licensure as an LBSW or LMSW in good standing in the state of Texas
Experience working with the elderly to take care of social and behavioral needs
Experience working with community resources
Strong documentation, follow-up and communication skills
Please respond directly to this posting with resume for immediate consideration, we look forward to talking with you. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).