The following job opportunity is available with PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly). If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and current resume to Beth Boyer at PACE at email@example.com . If you have questions regarding the PACE program or employment opportunities with PACE, please contact Beth Boyer at 269-408-4311.
· Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team's initial assessments, care planning and periodic re-assessments (minimally every 6 months) of participant's case. Assessments are to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes to team members.
· Maintains current written case management records, including periodic reassessments of program participants.
· Coordinates 24 hour care delivery. Provides individual and family counseling, develops and leads group counseling and activities.
· Refers participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and as advocate for participants.
· Encourages effective relationships among staff geared to team building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
· Consults with and advises staff members as to the relationship of social, emotional and cultural factors to health and medical care, and as to the availability of social services in the community.
· Participates in Program and Policy development of Social Work component.
· Coordinates admission to hospital and other facilities when necessary.
· Facilitates enrollments and disenrollment from PACE of Southwest Michigan.
· Facilitates Medicaid application and redetermination process with Michigan Department of Human Services.
· Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical record.
· Demonstrates active participation in QA processes
· Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning.
Master's Degree from an accredited School of Social Work with two years experience in a health related area. Minimum of one year experience working with the frail elderly population. Licensed MSW in the State of Michigan. Individual therapy skills for geriatric participants, analytical thinking and problem solving abilities. Includes home visits to private homes of PACE of Southwest Michigan participants, frequent travel.
Lakeland HealthCare - 16 months ago