Recruitment Number 13-051EM , Social Worker II, SR-18, Kaua'i
Note: Salary amended 11/27/13
Summary of Duties:
Performs a variety of social work tasks ranging from the simple to the moderately difficult cases which do not require the services of a fully trained professionally qualified social worker; investigates and determines kinds of services needed by an individual client, and/or family and carries out approved treatment plans; prepares case records and reports; and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Applicants must meet the requirements specified in A, B, C, D or E below:
A. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in a social science plus one-half (½) year of professional social work experience.
B. Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work.
C. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice administration from an accredited university. Emphasis in the major field of study must have included courses in abnormal psychology, counseling, probation, parole, and correctional administration.
D. Successful completion of one (1) year of graduate study in an accredited school of social work.
E. Successful completion of one (1) year of graduate study in an accredited university specializing in criminal justice administration. Emphasis in the major field of study must have included courses noted in abnormal psychology, counseling, probation, parole, and correctional administration.
Driver's License : For certain positions, applicants may be required to have a driver's license. If interested in such a position, please attach, mail, or hand-deliver a copy of your current driver's license immediately to the following address:
Hawai'i State Judiciary
426 Queen Street, First Floor
Honolulu, HI 96813
Non-Qualifying Experience : The following types of experience are not considered qualifying social work experience:
(1) Experience providing supportive services to professional social workers, vocational rehabilitation specialists, public housing managers, or other professional workers in such programs as public welfare, family court, etc.;
(2) experience determining the eligibility of applicants/recipients for benefits under a public welfare program such as medical assistance, food stamps and other benefits;
(3) experience providing vocational, educational, psychological, or pastoral counseling;
(4) experience providing occupational or physical therapeutic services;
(5) Peace Corps or VISTA work experience which did not require the application of professional knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and/or was not performed under competent professional supervision;
(6) experience relocating clients who are displaced as a result of urban renewal or other similar reasons; and
(7) trainee level type social work experience will not be considered qualifying unless work is performed under competent professional social work supervision.
Transcripts : You must submit at least a copy of your official transcripts at the time of application. If you are selected, we will need an original official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of any required course work and the awarding of the appropriate degree(s). You may mail or hand-deliver your documents to the Hawaii State Judiciary, Human Resources, 426 Queen Street, 1st Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.