Social Worker III requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, a current ND social work license, and two years of professional social work experience in a human service setting; OR a Master’s Degree in social work and a current ND social work license.
Preference will be given to applicants with Child Welfare Certification or experience.
Individuals may be required to work non-traditional hours. This position requires the ability to visit clients in their own homes and occasional transportation of clients. A county vehicle is provided for this position. A valid North Dakota license is required and the employee must have his/her own automobile and adequate insurance.
For More Information or Assistance Contact: Bridget Meranda, Social Work Supervisor or John Mogren, Director at 701-547-3694 - Ext 0
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
This Multi-County child welfare social work position will work in a collaborative effort with a team based philosophy. The person in this position will work with families in Eddy, Foster and Wells Counties. Primary responsibilities include completing assessments on families reported for suspected child abuse and neglect, completing all required reports, and case management. Computer literacy, good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and timeliness are required.
The position will be located in Fessenden (Wells County). Flexibility in work location may be considered.
Wells County Social Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, and more.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.