Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit (union).This is a full-time opportunity for an inpatient social worker to work in Orthopedics and Family Medicine.Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Bachelor's degree in social work.
-Licensed by the Minnesota Board of Social Work as a Licensed Social Worker (L.S.W.)
1. Carry a selected caseload where there is a need for specialized continuing service/treatment.
2. Interview clients and perform case evaluations to determine problems and appropriate types and
methods of service/treatment.
3. Design and follow through on intensive long or short-term service/treatment plans.
4. Provide counseling to families and individuals.
5. Provide preventive and direct services to clients who have mental, emotional, or physical
disabilities and other cases involving complex social and financial problems.
6. Interpret and explain policies, regulations, and programs to clients and the public.
7. Refer clients to appropriate community services and interpret social and emotional factors to others involved in treatment of clients.
8. Make field visits to clients' homes.
9. Prepare social histories with emphasis on psychosocial factors, adoption, or foster home
10. Prepare and maintain case records, case findings, correspondence, and reports.
11. May provide work direction to social work paraprofessionals.
12. May act for the Unit Supervisor in the supervisor's absence.
13. May be involved in integrated, multidisciplinary or community initiatives and may be housed at
community based sites including serving as a liaison between Hennepin County and communities,
community organizations, schools, health professionals and service providers and identifying the
needs and assist in resolving problems facing individuals and families regarding health and human
service issues (including but not limited to housing, employment, financial assistance, and behavioral
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 17 months ago