Photon Sciences Directorate at Brookhaven National Laboratory is seeking an experienced scientist to support the development of a soft x-ray inelastic scattering beamline at National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLS-II), which is a new 3rd-generation synchrotron facility being constructed on Long Island, New York, with extremely high brightness and exceptional beam stability over a wide spectral range.
As a scientific staff member, the selected candidate will be part of a group of scientific and engineering staff to design and build a state-of-the-art soft x-ray inelastic scattering beamline and its associated scientific programs at NSLS-II. Responsibilities include interacting with the scientific user community to define the mission and technical scope of the beamline, and supporting all aspects of the beamline design, construction, commissioning, and operations.
- Ph.D. in experimental physics or a related field;
- A minimum of one year of post-doctoral experience in synchrotron-based research using inelastic x-ray scattering;
- Demonstrated publication record in a relevant field;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- The ability to interact effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, technical staff, and users.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate scientific level dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in construction or operation of a synchrotron beamline in soft x-ray energy range;
- Developing own research;
- Experience with inelastic x-ray scattering instrumentation;
- Experience in project planning, execution, and reporting.
Please apply to Job ID# 16081.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
• Medical Plans
• Dental Plans
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Retirement Plan
• On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
Brookhaven National Laboratory - 10 months ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....