Software Architect - US - 22087
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Software Architect - US
Location US-CA-San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94107, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
The Software Architect is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software application infrastructure to provide highly complex, reliable, and scalable, applications and systems to meet the organizations, objectives and requirements. This role is familiar with a variety of application technologies, environments, concepts, methodologies, practices, and procedures and relies on experience/ judgment to accomplish goals. Ensures quality and consistency of structure across multiple areas and/or business units. Stays engaged on business changes and objectives relative to architecture issues. Articulate cost, benefit, and risk associated with efforts and advocate for prioritization.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Designs and develops technical solutions that can be supported at scale.
- As a technical SME, provides consultative support as needed.
- Provides reference architectures that align technology stacks to the Rackspace-promoted use cases for Hosting and Cloud Computing.
- Foster a high-degree of collaboration and input towards technical decisions.
- Provides reference architectures that align technology across Rackspace-promoted use cases for Hosting and Cloud Computing.
- Defines architectural principles/tenets that are non-negotiable and verifies processes are in place to ensure future alignment to those principles.
- Builds strong organizational and cross-functional relationships.
- Stays current on applicable emerging technologies.
- Serve as technical leader on the team.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 5,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
- Demonstrated advanced, in-depth understanding of at least one of the following technologies: Virtualization, Storage, Data Protection, Cloud Computing, Software Architecture; strong technical knowledge of the hardware & software platforms and components that build these technologies.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to communicate technical details and ideas to audiences with a broad range of technical understanding; ability to relate technical initiatives to business drivers.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a group.
- Demonstrated ability to act FANATICALLY and to provide FANATICAL support.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of relevant software development, engineering or architecture.
- Experience in large multi-tenant environments and/or Service Provider experience is preferred.
- Experience with Rackspace technologies a plus.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...