Title: Software Business Analyst - Miami -- Only locals should apply--
Department: Technology – Software Development
Location: Miami, FL
Revision Date: 9/2/2014
The Software Business Analyst owns the Software Requirements and Quality Assurance of our flagship product, a web-based application for document storage and management, coded in HTML/PHP/MySQL, and hosted on Linux/Apache.
The position answers to the Chief Technology Officer.
The immediate opening is for contract-based employment leading to a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands process flows
- Documents processes
- Writes use cases
- Writes test scripts
- Performs Quality Assurance
- Contributes to software roadmap
General Job functions
- Designs new software features by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Performs quality assurance on the product
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Min 5 years of experience in software design and development
- Min 5 years of experience writing use cases
- Min 2 years of experience in software quality assurance testing
- Able to understand complex abstract ideas
- Experience managing team
- Be located in Miami, FL
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field
- Thinks outside the box to solve issues. Able to suggest workarounds.
- Enjoys fast-pace
- Able to communicate promptly
- Server admin experience a plus
TO APPLY: Please email resume to email @rotationmanager.com
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Candidate may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.