Title: Software Configuration Management Analyst
Location: Houston; TX
Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs and processes. Interface with clients to determine requirements, resolve issues and determine cost estimates. Provide subject matter expertise to the business client in order to assist with problem solving and as a resource for training and development
· Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets.
· Provide production support and monitoring of systems supporting business clients, occasionally after normal work hours; Support SOX controls, testing and audits.
· Coordinate application requests, prioritization and business communication.
· Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
· Development of prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments; Documentation of design specifications.
· Develop new and enhanced system functionality including custom code and packaged application configuration.
· Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring.
· Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business
· Experience with Software Configuration Management discipline and systems change management processes.
· Application configuration experience and testing experience.
· Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
· Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.