Build tomorrow’s technology today! Join Esri and create new, exciting software for devices of all types. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with others in Software Development to design and develop next-gen Esri technology.
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for devices
- Bring excellent software to the device environment for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
- Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Build software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Two or more years of experience in one of more of the following: C++ programming, mobile platform application development (Android, iOS, Windows Phone), C++ Qt, Microsoft .NET C# with WPF, Java, Microsoft Windows Runtime development
- Knowledge of GIS/Esri software
- Experience with Linux
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with data compression and web services
- Background developing with GPS devices and/or navigation systems
- Knowledge of MVVM application design pattern
- Prior experience with OpenGL or DirectX development
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their geographic...