Software Developer - Business Intelligence
Innovation is our driving force at The Clymb, and a human-powered approach to creative technology and solutions is our passion. We’re seeking a software developer in our business intelligence (BI) division who will be instrumental in designing and implementing our data systems. This role will aggregate data from various sources to optimize our business intelligence in the form of efficient, functional systems. This is an opportunity to make a big impact by joining a high growth company early in its development.
- Plan and build – from concept through to implementation - large data warehousing platforms to support The Clymb’s operational activities.
- Collaborate with various internal and external parties to establish, define, and analyze reporting requirements in order to build specifications.
- Research and build data mining and other reporting tools.
- Develop dashboard solutions to communicate key metrics.
- Significant experience in database development.
- Strong experience with relational databases using MySQL and Postgres.
- Strong experience in ETL tools.
- Strong experience in statistical analysis tools.
- Experience in e-commerce and fulfillment.
- Experience in writing stored procedures, analyzing query plans, tuning indices, and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks.
- Must have strong problem solving, research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to build user-friendly reports.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Can balance and prioritize multiple tasks and changing objectives.
- Committed to The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.
The Clymb - 15 months ago