Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the
is the world's premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in
New York City
, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
in our Corporate IT department, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of business systems and IT infrastructure components. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be delivery-focused and possess broad set of technology skills to actively evaluate and prototype new requirements and build solutions to support new business processes as well as streamline existing business applications.
- Develop functional and technical system design specifications in accordance with identified business/system requirements.
- Perform analysis, design, construction and installation tasks in accordance with system design specifications and in accordance with GC development methodology and standards.
- Perform quality assurance functions (unit test, integration test) on developed components to ensure compliance with established requirements and design specifications.
- Address/resolve software deficiencies in support of verification and validation activities.
- Contribute to delivery, production and operational readiness of systems.
- Contribute to production maintenance and application enhancement activities.
- Understand and apply GC development methodology, including the objectives of each phase and the tasks required to complete that phase. Complete deliverables required to each phase.
- 5-7+ years as Software Developer involved in
system development projects.
- Expert-level Java skills and object oriented design experience, including strong knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns.
- Good experience building Java/Web applications using in one or more frameworks like Struts, JSF and Spring.
- Proficiency in the development environments/IDEs (Eclipise, JDeveloper), application server (WebLogic or WebSphere), source control system, unit-testing and issue tracking tools.
- SQL experience and knowledge of Oracle, SQLServer and/or other databases is required.
- Experience with performing code reviews and mentoring team members.
- Experience with SOA and Web services is highly preferred.
- Experience with .NET/C# frameworks will be highly preferred.
- Exposure to all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.
- Demonstrates ability to exhibit ownership of individual and team goals.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and demands, occasionally on short notice.
- Ability to follow instructions, organize and prioritize work, and work effectively under time and volume pressures to meet specific deadlines.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action
- Flexibility to respond to overtime requirements as needed.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Information Technology/Software Development
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human...