Are you excited about web applications? Join our high-energy, visionary ArcGIS product development team and help design the next generation of Esri technology for online deployments.
- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
- Drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back end web services
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities, using the latest relevant techniques and best practices
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- A minimum of two years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications
- Experience writing tests for testing web applications
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...