Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
his developer role will help Lexmark customers by creating solutions that improve their workflow and enhances Lexmark’s products and services. This includes new product offerings as well as modifications to existing software. This role requires strong technical, improvisational, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to quickly learn
Work closely with the project manager on assigned customer opportunities.
- Develop software for customers using creative solutions.
- Accurately size work efforts and deliver the project on time.
- Cultivate a strong relationship with project managers and the Lexmark development community.
- Provide documentation regarding solutions for customers and the Lexmark Technical Support Center.
- Provide feedback for product improvements.
- Maintain a very positive and helpful attitude with any customer issues.
- Represent Lexmark in a professional manner.
Passion for working in a new software organization and achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- 2+ years Object Oriented development experience.
- Proven record as self-motivator.
- Passion for a positive user experience.
- Looks for and enjoys overcoming technical challenges.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and work outside your comfort zone
- Excels at multi-tasking.
- Ability to identify and execute process improvements.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with minimal support.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
- Sense of humor.
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of SMB, LDAP, and general networking protocols.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with web services and cloud-based applications.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Experience working with code where security and authentication are required.
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience using source control management systems.
- Experience with multiple operating system families.
How To Apply
Are you an innovator? Here is your chance to make your mark with a global technology leader. Apply now!
Lexmark International, Inc. - 12 months ago
Lexmark International attacks printing with a host of jets and lasers. A leading maker of printers and related supplies, the...