Are you an awesome Java developer? Do you have a passion for solving epic development problems? If so, apply your skills to develop web services for Esri’s ArcGIS Online Geoenrichment Service. This service allows our users to answer questions about locations that can’t be answered with a map alone—for example, which population would be affected by the development of a new community center within their neighborhood. As a member of our geoenrichment team, you’ll be making a difference.
- Create web services components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Assist in bringing excellent software to the Internet and network environments
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality APIs
- Make a difference in the work our users are doing
Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
Amazon Web Services (RDS, SimpleDB, EC2, SQS, SNS)
Storm Project, NoSQL, Hadoop, HDFS knowledge is a big plus
Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server)
Know about Esri software
Familiarity with API development, performance tuning, system scalability
Got a GitHub? Put it on your resume. Let us see your work.
- A minimum of two years of software development experience (it’s a plus if you have experience designing and developing large web software systems)
- Love coding, design, and architecture details
- Be confident about your technical abilities with web services and would raise your hand because you know:
- Spring MVC
- Working knowledge of SQL with experience in JDBC/Hibernate/MyBatis
- Hands-on experience with service oriented architecture (SOA), distributed systems, grid computing, and cloud services
- Experience with Tomcat and Glassfish
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- , etc
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supportin
g diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...