Reporting to the Manager, UCC Connections you will design, document, build, verify and support a variety of Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions, deeply integrated into SMART's room-oriented and personal software products, with an initial focus on Lync
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in architecting and designing complex UCC solutions, beginning with exploratory requirements
- Identify and implement technical solutions to challenging UCC problems. Solutions to be as simple as possible, but no simpler
- Assist in refining requirements and product roadmaps to align with a logical progression of technical capability
- Above all, achieve solutions in areas that previously seemed like roadblocks
- Performing other duties upon request
You have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a focus on collaboration between teams.
- At least 5 years in software development, with demonstrable increase in responsibility, preferably directly related to Unified Communications.
- You demonstrate C/C++ mastery and enjoy caffeinated beverages where Java is one of them.
- You are knowledgeable in UCMA/UCWA, SIP, SRTP, STUN, ICE, MTLS, HTTP/HTTPS, RDP, XMPP and other protocols used by Lync and Cisco Jabber.
- You are Mercurial and sometimes subversive by nature!
- You understand the nature of SaaS, how to scale and how to build stable fault tolerant solutions.
- Ability to discuss STOS, STNG and BSG coherently an asset (others as needed periodically.)
- Bonus points if you can provide a challenge to our reigning Foosball champ or at least you talk a good game.
SMART Technologies Inc. - 5 months ago