Software Developer, Integrations-Accertify-13004498
Accertify Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express is a leader in providing software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud and mitigating enterprise-wide risks. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fraud.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their knowledge base and build a career in java code development. The primary responsibility of this role will be to complete projects that allow the Interceptas application to communicate data with partner applications, as prioritized by the product steering committee.
This engineer will work within the bounds of our existing java based framework and will participate in the Development team’s SDLC. This engineer will be responsible for representing Accertify’s established standards with regard to security and escalating decisions to the senior staff in the case of exception. This engineer will also be expected to participate in projects unrelated to 3rd-party integrations as staffing needs dictate.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Accertify’s data processing framework.
- Work with product development teams and database administrators to ensure that the customer implementation and professional service teams have the tools available to successfully access 3rd-party data sources.
- Assist the L4 support team with diagnosis of issues related to 3rd-party services, payment gateway and reporting.
- Develop and achieve realistic estimates for development tasks.
- Track and report the status of work. Provide management information regarding troubles or risks in attaining goals and timelines.
- Assist QA in the planning and setup of appropriate testing prior to deployment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while interacting with 3rd-party partner contacts and technical representatives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Payment Gateway product releases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or academic curriculum with heavy CS requirement).
- Minimum of 2 years of system development experience.
- Practical Experience with XML is essential, including working knowledge of XSL, WSDL and SOAP.
- Solid understanding of web fundamentals such as http, SSL, data encoding and certificate-based security.
- Ability to read, understand and modify java code.
- Familiarity with GIT preferred.
- Experience with the following, but not limited to: Red Hat Linux, Apache, Tomcat a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Primary Location: US-Illinois-Itasca
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...