In 2011 Amazon Web Services launched Silk – a radically different web browser that leverages the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people experience the web.
A web browser powered by a vast, scalable server fleet, high-throughput network connections, and limitless storage resources has now provided us with unparalleled ability to make browsing much faster and introduce previously impossible features. Are you interested in being part of this revolutionary change in web browser technology? Are you intrigued by the prospect of
If so, then the Silk Cloud Accelerated Browsing team has got the opportunity for you!
- leveraging our fat network pipes to build the fastest browsing experience
- dynamically optimizing for CPU, memory, storage, bandwidth, and power in various execution environments
- building upon the vast storage and computing power of the Amazon Web Services cloud to help users discover rich web content
The team works on the interface between the client-side software and the cloud. We work on many different technologies including the networking stack, SPDY transport protocol, Netty framework, the core rendering engine, and the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure. We are looking for individuals who can harmonize these disparate technologies in to a whole and invent solutions and systems that can promote optimal usage of this marriage between the browser and the cloud. The team is solving problems in many different areas: optimal routing, predictive push and fetch over parallel prioritized network connections, smart caching in the cloud, machine learning over big data and many more. This team is in start-up mode and is all about innovation, thinking ‘outside the box’ and having fun. No idea is too crazy.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Silk team?
- Huge Impact: Everyone uses web browsers, and you will play a big role in implementing the next-generation web browser.
- Technology convergence: Amazon Silk is a unique opportunity to get involved in multiple cutting edge technology areas: web browsers, mobile platforms, and cloud computing.
- Wear many hats: You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
- Learning: Work alongside some of Amazon’s most senior engineers.
- Scale: Build software systems that support millions of customers.
- Have fun: Our mantra is to work hard, play hard, and have fun. We also find ways to relax and unwind, with beer bashes, team events, and lunches. You can also participate in a multitude of Amazon corporate events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 1-4 years relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
- Computer Networking Fundamentals
- Knowledge of at least one additional modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with SPDY protocol, Netty framework
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon.com - 21 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...