As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates nine websites, most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), and also BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com and Bookworm.com. We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers.
· Work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space.
· Challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
· Be a part of a dream team that deliver great customer experiences.
· Ensure that our customers are offered curated site experience, select across a growing and increasingly varied set of items, the convenience of fast shipping speed, leveraging Amazon's technological capabilities and platforms to make our solutions compelling, unique and sustainable.
· Propose, prototype and evaluate multiple areas of optimization for our e-commerce applications and mobile-optimized sites.
· Build and deliver high availability/high reliability software on time.
· Build and deliver secure, scalable, and low-latency services and mobile applications.
· Provide hands-on code contribution and shipping responsibility - libraries, API's, documentation.
· Meet with Marketing and Merchandising stakeholders to define functional solutions for business problemss for business problems
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) on our team is required to have these qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) is particularly valuable to our team if they have any of these qualifications:
· Experience building highly-available distributed systems on cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
· Interest or experience in designing and tuning an AWS CloudSearch-based search service
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Eperience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services
· Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, middleware and databases
· Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
· Proven track record of delivery
Quidsi Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.